Favorite Camino Jacket
Fabric technology and clothing design continue to evolve and improve, and the advantage goes to the Camino pilgrim and other hikers. Here are the features we look for in a three-season Camino jacket: Lightweight, waterproof and windproof, integrated hood that can be rolled up into the collar out of your way when you don’t need it, breathability, pit zips and venting, good pockets, velcro-cinch cuffs on the sleeves, adjustable drawstring at the bottom hem, Velcro, snaps, and a zipper front closure placket. Roomy enough to allow for layering underneath. Great colors are a bonus.
For ten years our team’s favorite jacket for men and women continues to be the Marmot Precip Jacket. It has all of the features we want in a three-season waterproof jacket, and the fit allows you to wear a fleece or warm layer under it for cooler temperatures in spring and fall. When you don’t have it on, this jacket can fold into one of its pockets, or can be tied to the outside of your pack to dry. It is available in many colors and has a lifetime warranty. With all these features the Marmot Precip is still surprisingly affordable. Shop online through Camino Provisions store: Marmot Precip for Women, and Marmot Precip for Men are our top picks. The jacket runs true to size. This is a jacket you will wear and enjoy on and off the Camino. My first one began showing signs of age and use after eight years of walking the Camino and everyday wear back home.
Marmot Precip Jacket Features
• PreCip Dry Touch material is waterproof and breathable
• 100% seam-taped for full waterproofness
• Full visibility, roll-up hood with integral collar
• PitZips underarm zip extends into the body for optimal venting
• Slanted chest pockets can be accessed while wearing a pack
• Double storm flap over zipper with snap/Velcro closure
• Stows away into integrated pack pocket
• Elastic draw cord hem for adjustability in serious weather
• Moisture-wicking DriClime lined chin guard protects your face from the zipper
• Angel-Wing Movement design allows full range of motion in arms with no riding up
• Designed to fit over insulating jacket layer
• 27-inch center back length and 11.4-ounce weight
Lifetime manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.